We don’t know what Harry’s dirty vans with the single pink shoelace represents. But there are some clues that can help us to understand.
- He’s a multi-millionaire with probably hundreds of pairs of gym shoes. He tired these Vans out in a matter of months and got them filthy, meaning he was wearing them at all times in all weather no matter what he was doing. Why these particular shoes? Why all of a sudden did he start wearing them in 2020 after April? Duh, we know based on the way Harry operates, none of these little meticulous or obsessive things he does are by accident. He’s a highly sentimental person and usually attaches those sentiments to objects such as his bandana and his jewelry etc.
- At one point the shoes seemed to feature a pale blue lace and a bright pink lace, pictured above to the left. Over time, the blue lace disappeared and we were left with the pink.
- During late 2019 and early 2020 while promoting his album Fine Line, Harry had started to wear the green/gold cross combination.
- After news dropped that Zayn was expecting a baby, that is when Harry emerged a month later with these peculiar shoes with the pink lace, and the green/gold cross combination was gone.
- The shoelace is pink, and we all know that traditionally pink is used to represent the female gender, especially in regards to newborn babies.
Harry wore these dirty vans EVERYWHERE and in all his major projects. To the point where even his stylist tried to get him out of them for the Golden music video and failed. He wore them for the iHeart performance, for the Vogue photoshoot (a historical cover btw) and for the Golden music video. Clearly and undeniably these shoes held special meaning to him.
In January 2021, we were all shocked to see that the second time he stepped out with Olivia in public, the pink shoelace was gone. Vanished like the green/gold cross combination.