Zayn’s New Tattoo

Zayn returned to Instagram after a two-month sabbatical with this captionless set of photos and took the internet by storm.

Fisherman Zayn looks healthy and happy and is sporting a pair of Levi’s Mario Overalls….uh…okay, sir. 🤣 I wonder if he specifically looked up Mario overalls and wanted a pair, or if he just happened to stumble upon them and couldn’t resist. Haha

Moving on. Right away everyone spotted two new additions to his ever-expanding, full-body tattoo collection! One on the outer edge of his ear, and another along his chiseled jawline.

I do wonder what this could possibly say. It’s super quirky and it’s beginning to grow on me. (Plus he was careful to get it where his beard would cover it if ever he wanted.)

I also really adore the new ear tattoo. I can see myself getting one of these, tbh. It has the same effect as an upper-ear earring, but without the maintenance. (Thanks for the idea Zayn!)

These latest acquisitions have generated countless ink-related concerns across social media, in which fans debate what exactly the text on his jawline says, and whether or not his next visit to the flesh modification and pain kink shop will include a full-on face tattoo (which will undoubtedly involve Harry’s likeness, duh.)

That thing looks so diseased and cursed.

Yes, the oh-so-innocent and romantic and juvenile ritual that he and Harry shared in 2011/2012 has now spiraled into a shameless adulthood obsession, in which the concepts and placements of these ink injections are becoming increasingly more strange (and worrying.)

Exhibit A:

I admit, I love these.
And these.

Harry is the king of getting meaningless, bizarrely placed text tattoos, and now Zayn joins him with this indecipherable scroll on his jawline, which is beginning to encroach on the money-maker (his face) and many of his fans are strongly adverse. They’ve feared a face tattoo from Zayn ever since he pranked them in 2016 and presented a temporary temple tattoo as the real deal.

Zayn’s dalliance with face tattoos is becoming more and more of a reality whether we approve of it or not. As he uses up every available space on his body, he will eventually be left with no choice but to mar his flawless forehead, which is hilarious to me.

It all just feels rather inevitable, unless he gets his tattoo addiction under control, or starts lasering off some of the awful old ones to free up space. Please start with those huge black wings and that awkward chest piece featuring Gigi’s eyes which has turned more than a few stomachs since it’s revelation in 2018.

I mean genuinely, what even is this shit?? That is the lamest BS on earth to have put her eyes on his body. She is by far one of the most uninteresting, superficial, vapid, self-seeking people on the planet. Are you really gonna check out of this life with this shit on your chest? I just want to take a big flesh-singeing eraser and purge his chest for him. (Somebody get the rope and muzzle and follow me.)

Perhaps surprisingly, I’m a big fan of tattoos and I tend to really love quirky ones, like Harry’s knee tattoos and Zayn’s phonetic spelling of “Otherness” on his nape. I’m also a big fan of head tattoos on guys when they’re done tastefully.

However, as far as face tattoos on theoretically civilized people (that aren’t associated with something meaningful or cultural) I do think they almost always look terribly disfiguring. Also, they tend to look laughably stupid, which undermines any artistic value they could’ve potentially borne.

They’re signifiers of addiction, self-indulgence, self-adoration, and come off as a bit try-hard to me. Sort of like a sad attempt to look edgy that results in the wearer appearing mentally ill. Of course maybe that’s not the case with everyone who gets face tattoos, but certainly a lot of people fall into this category.

There’s a reason we tend to (especially potential employers) associate face tattoos with criminals. It’s because they’re still all the rage among actual prisoners and gang members. Particularly among prison-gang members lol. For me, wearers of face tattoos need to be really badass. And no, I’m not talking about stereotypical convicts or thugs.

What I mean to say is that by my estimation, they need to be fucking X-Men or a ninjas or a shamans or something else that’s damn near otherworldly. Or it needs to have some sort of esoteric cultural meaning for me to appreciate it.

These days, your average face tattoo seems to make empty promises of intrigue or mysticism beyond the surface level of the wearer’s personality; when in fact, most people who get face tattoos are boring and lead unexceptional lives devoid of superpowers or war stories like the rest of us (and are typically just trying to be subversive.)

If Zayn wants to get one, I don’t really care. It won’t be the end of the world. People will do what the want and we can’t stop them. And I’m sure it would just be “art” for him like everyone else who gets them. I’m not vehemently against the idea of him getting a face tattoo, like his stans seem to be, but I’m also not necessarily for it unless he has some underlying super powers we don’t know about.

I do think it’d be funny if he gets one and upsets his fans (I’m evil) and I am curious to see what on earth he would think was worthy enough to permanently mar his face over. If it’s something completely lame like the Perrie tattoo or Gigi tattoo, then it’ll just give people fodder to mock him (and I might low-key join in.) But if it’s half-way decent, then maybe I’ll take my hat off to him. I don’t know. I just don’t think anything would be sick enough or executed well enough to justify a face tattoo, but that’s just me personally.

What are your thoughts on his new tattoos? What do you think the jawline tattoo says? What would you think if he actually got a face tattoo?

Neon Red – Chapter 23
(DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, …
Neon Red – Chapter 22
I'll leave you words underneath your door Underneath the singing moon Near …
Neon Red – Chapter 21
Neon Red – Chapter 20

Saloni Bhingardive
Saloni Bhingardive
2 months ago

I think he damn well knew that his Zelfie is from an angle which does not show the whole tattoo clearly! God! Why does he keep us wondering like that🤦🏻‍♀️ But after De I can see M and my sis says she sees ‘ De Man…. something. Well maybe if his MV is coming up then atleast it should be a clearer sight, but till then we’re just on edge🤷🏻‍♀️

2 months ago

I am just terrified seeing those face tattoos.. I need some rest now… BTW the ear tattoo is not new . It was there in the TBA music video.

Neithe alben
Neithe alben
2 months ago

ok can i start off by saying that gogo’s eye tattoo is literally the most disgusting thing i’ve ever seen like what crack was he on to get that shit XDD and i personally like men with tattoos and face tattoos are aight but limited like u said AD he does have a gorgeous face but i think Zayn knows his limits…r8??

Angie Dawn
Angie Dawn
2 months ago

Maybe the placement is a purposeful rebellion over his money maker face for the Hadids? Can’t help but wonder what it says..

Eliya-
Eliya-
2 months ago

I’m not against face tattoos for other people, but I’m definitely against them for myself and Z. I don’t think anything would be worth living on his face for the rest of his life…but I also don’t think he would be mad enough to mark his face with something silly. So who knows? Maybe I’ll love it if it happens one day. (Which probably will cuz he’s run out of room)
I’d be happy if covered some of his chest tattoos, but I don’t think he’ll remove G’s eyes. Not until they decide to end this shit at least… So… Will it even be worth the pain to remove them? Idk. He’s not even 30 and I don think he’s gonna leave tattoos to rest for the rest of his life( cough he should have thought about this sooner)

Anyway,
I’m on my way to copy his sunflowers in a few hours 🙂

Hope it wouldn’t look bad on me cuz I’m really not into lasering💀

I M
I M
2 months ago

Could it possibly say “De Novo” meaning “over again from the beginning” or “from the new” or “anew” in Latin? — Whatever it says I’m sure it’s something philosophical, and thought-provoking and deep as Zayn tends to be. This man can NEVER look bad! I think the tattoo suits him well.

Beulah de Jager
Beulah de Jager
2 months ago

I think Zayn is telling H it is time for a fishing trip. Like Ennis and Jack did in brokeback mountain. 😂😂😂 Maybe the gap year is over and maybe trying to decide on the next step.

Raunak
2 months ago

I literally want Harry to stop his silly bf 😭 dang it!

Clane
Clane
2 months ago

I think he is subconsciously trying to disappear. Idk why, well maybe I do. He is perfection personified with his God given good looks. Why cover any of that up? I wonder if ppl are addicted to the pain of the process. I’d love him to get some removed. I’d love to see his bare chest & arm’s.

MlE
MlE
2 months ago

I can’t really believe he got that close to his face… with the beard it looks cool, but without? No, sorry. I also think it seems to be a reference to Do Something. And what about the fisherman pic? What happened to not liking to see the fish struggle? Is it in response to a certain someone’s hat?

Queen
Queen
2 months ago

Is it only me or that pics that zayn post is little weird? I mean he disappear for two months the come out with new tattoos and fishing and green and yellow 😏 also I hear some ppl say that garden is like Anne ‘s garden , and plus next day harry show up in LA all glowing and happy. Something is going on 🤔

Vanessa
Vanessa
2 months ago

I definitely hate the idea of Z. Tattooing his face. He has a beautiful face line!! Like H use to said. 😊. Angel face. Etc.
he doesn’t need to cover it with anything.
He is perfect the way he is. 😌🥰

honestly
honestly
2 months ago

Is it a coincidence that someone we know is always staring and touching that same jawline? and saying it is the best jaw he has ever seen?

R T
R T
2 months ago

The jaw one doesn’t bother me since it can easily be covered with his beard. I just think he needs to get some removals done, and start fresh on some areas.
The ear tattoo reminds me of the identification tags farmers put on animals ears. He’s becoming one with the farm 😂 also reminds me of the red ear tags from handmaids tale.

WITW
WITW
2 months ago

I don’t like face tattoos but I unfortunately think he will get more. Z shows that he does what he wants. I hope his Mom and even G can talk him out of it, but I doubt it.

Also I wonder how G and Y feel about it? Like AD said, his face is a moneymaker. He has supplemented his income with magazine covers and photoshoots, and all that could slip away. Y tried to get him in the modeling world years ago. She might be seeing dollar signs fly out the window now.

As for H, he likes tattoos but he is more moderate with them. As you said, AD, Z seems addicted to them. He seems to have an addictive personality overall. By that I mean there is no moderation for him. That’s why I think he will eventually get one.

On a personal note from me, I would not want my daughter growing up looking at her father with a face tattoo.

Teresa
Teresa
2 months ago

Personally, not a fan of face tattoos…. Anywhere but the face. Hopefully, Zayn will keep that perfect face ink-free. It’s a masterpiece all on its own. The jaw tattoo looks possibly like “Do something” to me.IDK. Hopefully, it’s some sort of secret love message to H.

Jas
Jas
2 months ago

I hope he doesn’t cover his face with tattoos anymore. He has a beautiful face,particular, i want it pure. But of course i say it for my personal aesthetic taste.
Just one thing: zayn,please, cover gigi’s tattoo. It doesn’t belong to you, and it’s horrible. But i have the feeling that he’s already starting to remove it 😅

TlH
TlH
2 months ago

Whatever it says I hope its profound or has some deep meaning to him and Harry. If its neither I’ll be disappointed he marred his beautiful face for something stupid. Generally speaking not a fan of face tattoos.

Maybehespeakswhale
Maybehespeakswhale
2 months ago

I honestly was just kinda excited because he shows off his 25 tattoo. That’s it. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Angela Stathis
Angela Stathis
2 months ago

I can’t understand why he did that.. I mean he has a lot of space in his body to write a line… generally I love tattoos but not on the face… and it drive me crazy that I can’t see the whole phrase…the start is De for sure BUT what de f@ck is written after that???

Lisa
Lisa
2 months ago

Def not opposed to tattoos, I have a few myself. But have never been a huge fan of the face ones. But I have to admit, if anyone can pull them off, it would be him!! Would just hate to see that pretty face get too covered. 😊

2 months ago

Face Tattoos are horrible.

Kath
Kath
2 months ago

I always think you’re spot on, A.D., and no exception here. His face tattoo just reminds me of Harry’s “Do” tweet lol. When I see elaborate face tattoos or other aethestic overkill, I imagine walking up and asking for directions or the time, something totally mundane, and watching whether they can handle a simple interaction without the Wow they might be expecting. Yeah … I don’t get out enough.

Peaches
Peaches
2 months ago

I tried deciphering and failed. However, I’m convinced there’s thext on the other side too. And the black wings covered up the old wings and ram skull, and, more importantly, the Friday tattoo….

-Diamond Veins-
2 months ago

Some think it says “Do more” but it looks like De to me