Zayn’s New Song – Yellow Tape (Transcript & Analysis)

SHOP NOW

PAGE ONE: INTRODUCTION

PAGE TWO: TRANSCRIPT AND ANALYSIS OF “GRIMEZ”

Yesterday on 9/12/2021 (cough merch drop day cough) Zayn dropped a selfie on Instagram:

And then proceeded to release three new rap songs on Twitter via drop box:

He later deleted the drops for some reason. You can listen to them in one track here:

I will just say it’s interesting that after he released Yellow Metal, a spontaneous song where he revealed he was deeply unhappy in a lot of respects and also hinted at his relationship with Harry, following which he was attacked on the street by Bella Hadid’s disgusting friend who called him a “faggot” I noticed Zayn has now tossed in a dumb obligatory “loving my broad” line into this new “Yellow” song. Sigh. That was a hard stop for me. I’ll try to listen again later after work and cringe past that line to hear the rest of the song. Incredible lyricism from what I’ve heard so far though.

SHOP NOW

PAGE TWO: TRANSCRIPT AND ANALYSIS OF “GRIMEZ”

Per
Per

Damn I feel bad to be so agreed to most of the comments. It was very difficult for me to understand all this rap songs. Since my first language isn’t English, that and the fact that he have such a thick accent, God!
But I’ve seen some transcripts like yours, and didn’t notice the “I love my broad” cause I’m not sure what broad means >_<‘ I just saw he said it a looot there.
Anyway besides that speech, my problem with Z Is, “DUDE WHY TF YOU KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR FUCKING LIFE??? YOU ARE’NT DOING SHIT ABOUT IT?” Like he complains aaall the time about everything but never do something about it! He take me to the point where I believe he’s going to do something and I get sooo excited and then it’s like he regrets and go backwards over and over again and this is just frustrating. Imagine if this is as frustrating as it is for us, how it’ll be for H? Like WTF Z!!! You know what? Don’t do anything, stop posting your cathartic rap songs for us, ‘cause they’re just a bunch of lies and superficial stuff do it for you then! Write your lies to make yourself comfortable! Damn it Z! Stop with the disappointment!!! T.T This is so sad and hard for me ‘cause IL Him so much 🙁

RSmile
RSmile

Thanks for the analysis, AD! I also enjoyed a reaction from a growing youtuber called Anthony Aiken Jr. He’s not a zarry, but he’s a hip hop fan that is growing to appreciate different types of music. Something that he mentioned is that he hopes Zayn will rap/sing about a story more so than a stream of scattered thoughts. The link is here if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWfJ1B6jCEY

Silvia Regina
Silvia Regina

I am so so so sad about these raps….😢😢😢 It’s frustrating!!! I just don’t give up about everything(this site,you tube channels,Wattpad,Ig accounts) because you(Zarrys) are so important to me!
I’m going to continue because of you and our conversations.

Thank you for the analysis A.D. Zayn is certainly exasperating that’s for sure. And yeah wish someone would get through to him and tell him he actually does give a sh*t about what people think. No use deluding himself about that. He actions speak louder than his words. And when he does speak (rap), his analogies barely make any sense. Only the bragging is made crystal clear.
Anyway this is piece I almost heard🙄. You can never be too sure with Z.
I’m complex and like my sex
And what’s the chance the axis
Is spinning I’m part of the plan since beginning
Can/Car actually starts your brain spinning
Your thoughts sinning with thoughts of something else
Can’t help yourself like Santa’s elf
My mental health reaching God level
I don’t mean I’m a God before 47 and 11 greets me on all levels
Yellow metal trying to tell you something, It’s not settled
This old kettle reaching boiling point

That’s what I’ve managed to almost hear😂😂😂😂🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

Yes or no

Daang someone really needs to take him down a peg or two….Z humble yourself …..it’s just sad because one can tell he doesn’t mean/ believe any of the stuff he’ s rapping about…..

Yes or no

” I’m complex unlike my sex” lol……. “won’t become my father ..running from my genes with jeans” what does this even mean….I’ve read his poems where he praises his dad aloot so what does this even mean .also where did Yaser go??
“Your thoughts sinning with something else can’t help yourself” ……are you thinking what I’m thinking

I want to hear/see the real Z not this act he puts on. We heard glimpses of the real him in YM and I hoped he would keep that up, but this is again putting on an act and the worrying thing is he seems to fool himself with it. He’s not making progress or getting better. With all the fakery it’s hard to recognise the real him sometimes and he seems to struggle with that too, he seems lost.
It’s really frustrating. I want better of and for him.

rina
rina

Talking about fatherwood and that he choose it , he choose this life is imo a way to reassure himeself , no need to be a genius for that , it like with a kid who will keep on repeating something hoping it will come true.khai is here and he just have to love her however i dont think she was desired nor planned on his side at least but well it is life.

The rap is his way to talk things out , whatever in his head ego or feeling …i think slam can also be good .he can’t achieve things alone and need a professional to help him detangle all those internalized demons hiding one and only truth he love and desire a man.A man z,a man named harry styles, period.Deal with it

i know you are creeping here sweety

Daisy
Daisy

(continued) much more careful because they don’t want to make a “headline” about it. Both have gone super private, be it social media or life in general. The first half of 2021 was full of many zarry coincidences and the latest I would say are Zayn wearing cross and showing whale in vibez mv and Harry bringing back the peace ring and kissing his tattoos. Guys, I’m not clowning, I have this very stronggg feeling they are together and happy with things.
They are just doing their own things in their own manner and fulfilling their artistic thirst of making movies or music or rapping. I don’t know but no matter how much I try to find the chaos I end up looking at them and I think they’re at peace as of now with each other.
They definitely won’t come out any time soon, but they don’t have to. I cannot ignore how the 2014 Harry is back and how Zayn is talking about million different things in his music because looks like alot have got settled and the unsettled things are the ones apart from this relationship.

I know I gave a big speech here but I am finding the Zarrie breakdown chaos too much. Let’s calm a bit down and then see. I found my peace. Love ya AD

Daisy
Daisy

There’s one thing that we shouldn’t forget, zarry was at it’s loving prime during 2014, when Zayn was still engaged to Perrie. From the surface no one would ever be able to make out that zarry was a thing then because Zayn was in a committed relationship, still zarry was blooming fine. It was only because zarry were in the same band that we could really see them interact publically and could point out those special stolen moments. If they would have been solo artists then, and in love, we would never have been able to make out they they had something going on.
Same thing happened after the band too. Zarry were in their own worlds as individuals but we’re also together, but certain things could be understood by the zarries who now had a good eye for what they were doing, hence the proofs, coincidences and everything else. And not to forget, zarry were also with other women during all that time.
So from this theory I think, Idk I just got a very strong feeling when I re-listened to NIL today, my heart my subconscious mind was yelling at me that zarry are together behind the scenes, it’s only that they are much more careful regarding it from the last few years. (Continued)

Alright, so I’m on the fence about these songs. It’s hard w out proper lyrics. But some sections stand out to me from each song. Disclaimer: I’ve never been good at understanding rap songs. Lyrically speaking, it can be very clever. Sometimes words are obvious in meaning but also not.
“Since I had my daughter
Now I had to change my goals
And become a father
And I learned this on my own
This is the life I chose
Won’t become my father
Run from my genes in jeans”
IMO I thk he’s talking to his family. Bc he references his father. Like, whatever life Z is living isn’t the life that was meant to be chosen thru his family. Not necessarily speaking of H but I feel it’s still looked down upon.
“Coming back home
Runnin’ backwards instead of forward”
Here I feel it’s about maybe H. Not sure but the not moving forward IMO can’t mean G. It doesn’t make sense. It just feels like it’s meant for H.

blue
blue

on a serious note, I hope Harry listens to this rap and especially the lines where he talks about his love for his bRoAd and him appreciating fatherhood so fuckin much shutting down all the rumors around it and emphasizing the fact that he CHOSE this and loves it unlike some zayn fans trying to portray him!!! I hope he listens and moves on FOR REAL or I’ll come to the stage when he is performing and kick him right in the balls😀😀

blue
blue

‘call leo cause we departing’ I thought he was talking about leo messier leaving bacelona😂wow I’m on a whole other level😂😂😂

here it is

Screenshot_20210914-131632.png

I saw on insta someone comment on how they interpret some of the lyrics and if they are right we are closer than ever to zarry coming out (I’ll try attach a screenshot)

Hope
Hope

04:04

cue the booze we ain’t here to lose
.. Just thought of Harry’s tattoo “you booze you lose” 😛😌

“trying to balance on a tightrope” sounds like he’s still going through the same sentiment as in ‘tightrope’. There was also a line about “feeling unsettled”. I just feel like neither of them is ready to just fully let the other person go, because they still feel so much for each other, but I also don’t see anything drastic change. So they’re both stuck in this mess that deteriorates their mental and emotional well being and it sucks because only we know that. Meanwhile their delusional fans attack anybody who points out how sad and broken they look when they don’t try to mask it. I never understood what good they think they do by pretending their fave is ok, but how nice must it be to just believe they’re happy in their current situations.
I still feel like something’s changed recently, I just don’t know if that leads anywhere or how long they plan to keep tightrope walking

AllieH46
AllieH46

I don’t see anything remotely relating to zarry imo, only a mind in a pressure cooker state expressed eloquently. It must be hard at times to live with such a labyrinthine and sophisticated mind tho, poor guy.

At 04:04 ‘Cue the booze we ain’t here to loose’. H’s tattoo under his anatomical heart says ‘You booze you loose’ that’s as far as it goes with that.

He says he’s tired of fake friends and fake love. But then says he choose this life … like???

Eliya-
Eliya-

Zayn’s mind is so annoying. Like…M’not even kidding. I literally hate him sometimes, but then I used to remind myself that he isn’t obligated to explain anything to us. WELL, I’M DONE THINKING LIKE THAT just because I don’t wanna stay mad at him.
I’m mad. I’m beyond mad. He had the opportunity to explain literally anything about why he’s living the way that he is and he just decided to say “I chose it*? Well, tnx, mate. Really efficient. I guess you don’t give a fuck about the few people who are concerned about you and want to understand your brain. That’s it then. Okay. But if you wanna keep acting like that then here’s the thing:
I always thought either the baby was really a coincidence and G had fooled him (idk like telling him that she was under pills but she wasn’t?) Or that he knew what he was doing and did it anyway bc he wanted to leave G and he kinda wanted to grant her sth for the years she spent protecting his secret. If there was any truth to that idea, then my dumb ass could have forgiven him and I bet Harry’s foolish ass would have done the same. But Zayn isn’t gonna stop, right? I’m done. I’m so done.
P.S: I hate that I love him. Literally.

Aryane
Aryane

Thank you for the time you took to make it a bit less obscure for us! 😘
I’m probably in the minority, and I don’t mean to be harsh, but I don’t find Z’s rap remotely interesting. It has very little substance (except from some parts of YM) and is a great vehicle for his braggadocio, over-victimization and more blurring of his true feelings.
I think he has important things to express (both on his personal life and more general topics), but he gives me the impression of being stuck in his old ways

Let me see if I have understood this right. He says he chooses this life, Gigi, the hadids ets… thats fine, but what’s his problem then?did he write this rap to talk about that he is a father, how amazing he is ?? I kind of dont understand what he wants …

Ali
Ali

Since his mom is visiting hopefully she realizes her son needs help. Literally Zayn must be going through something or he just lost it. He brags too much and complains too much. Literally he musically isn’t doing good. He doesn’t do almost anything. He makes no sense didn’t he said he is growing and maturing for his child? But is dropping rap telling people like kanya to fuck him when kanye has never acknowledged his existence literally if he so grown why look for fights and shade. Isn’t he supposedly happy with a child and girlfriend??? Why write so much bullshit about fake people around and bla bla when he literally lives in a farm with daughter??? Again Zayn have me so disappointed literally if his life is so toxy then @zaynmali if you here stop 🛑 victimizing yourself and be a man and finally make a decision. If you don’t then I don’t need to hear all those useless complaints and shades. Even shading the queen the other time the president. Literally man go fix your life then maybe you can get a pass but for real I don’t understand his problem in looking for beef with random people.

Blue
Blue

About the ice Queen 🧐🧐👀 is this…

IMG_20210914_092558.jpg