Zayn’s New Song – Yellow Tape (Transcript & Analysis)

SHOP NOW

PAGE ONE: INTRODUCTION

PAGE TWO: TRANSCRIPT AND ANALYSIS OF “GRIMEZ”

Yesterday on 9/12/2021 (cough merch drop day cough) Zayn dropped a selfie on Instagram:

And then proceeded to release three new rap songs on Twitter via drop box:

He later deleted the drops for some reason. You can listen to them in one track here:

I will just say it’s interesting that after he released Yellow Metal, a spontaneous song where he revealed he was deeply unhappy in a lot of respects and also hinted at his relationship with Harry, following which he was attacked on the street by Bella Hadid’s disgusting friend who called him a “faggot” I noticed Zayn has now tossed in a dumb obligatory “loving my broad” line into this new “Yellow” song. Sigh. That was a hard stop for me. I’ll try to listen again later after work and cringe past that line to hear the rest of the song. Incredible lyricism from what I’ve heard so far though.

SHOP NOW

PAGE TWO: TRANSCRIPT AND ANALYSIS OF “GRIMEZ”

Mary
Mary

When I saw the line ”And my back is getting broad” I thought could it also mean he was carrying more responsibilities or more of the world (stress) on his back since living here?Because right after that line he talks about being on a spaceship and needing space to make his next shift (move). Idk… that’s kind of how it struck me.

Anon
Anon

Thanks You for the transcript! You are an angel!!! English is not My first language and it is so hard to understand him sometimes!! This man Will drive me crazy with so many analogys!!

Hba
Hba

So I find it interesting that he’ has used the title yellow tape, which basically stands for enter but proceed with caution…like a warning. Idk if anyone also sees it that way or he just used yellow tape cuz of yellow metal. Zayn does like word play and wouldn’t have used a title like that to post it on his Twitter account without rly thinking about it like that.

love it when Z raps … sound is beautiful … hard to follow the meaning but that’s Z

Maryam Farooq
Maryam Farooq

I want your opinion on the lyrics cz i wasn’t able to understand some parts 😕

TlH
TlH

This article the Sun UK wrote about Zayns new raps pisses me off. They try to tear him down every chance they get. Talking about his dis on syco, the queen and Kanye. Then at the end they say “how the mighty have fallen” and post a video of the fight with that Daniel idiot.

Tristanluvsisolde
Tristanluvsisolde

I haven’t listened to the Zayn song yet but just here to say I am in love with “Wyldfleur”! You really did that!❤❤❤❤❤

Call me “Zaddy”
For me Yellow Metal is Z, Golden, but Yellow Tape is where Z is right now, trapped. And I still think that his number one now is not Harry and much less G, is his daughter. But despite that, H’s dynamics have changed over the last few concerts, which may seem like they’ve come to some understanding. Still, after what happened with Yellow Metal, I am worried that they have deleted the link. I leave today’s post from his cousin Daniel … I hope Z is okay.

IMG_20210913_200931.jpg
Denni
Denni

Can’t say I’m not excited about seeing him, he looks likes he talks, unreadable but still beautiful. And back with rapping indecipherable words. Please be clear and straight Zayn 😒(no pun intended). We all deserve some clarity, including yourself, life’s too unpredictable, say what you’re saying and say it now.

At Yellow Tape 47 11 around 1: 40 he says something like “I am complex like my sex” can anyone confirm by listening?

Anon
Anon

So long as Zayn keeps using the word Yellow as he does now I am fine with that! Need to get deep in to this new one though when I can concentrate and have a little more time to decipher the Zarry codes.

“it’s yellow metal trying to tell you something’s not settled.” 🥺😭

I find it weird that Zayn repeatedly said he’s a father. I don’t know. I feel like he means it more as a responsibility than love.

That “broad” part 🙄 but I was hoping the meaning wasn’t that obvious. Can’t wait for opinion AD on these lyrics, I’m all over the place with them.

Rhonda
Rhonda

Z is lyrical genius but he drives me crazy with it. Just say what you mean babe! Lol

Here’s what I’ve come up with go far. It was giving me a headache so I stopped.

F*ck the queen, she got knighted for the violence. When you’re at my majesties all you get is silence. Is this referring to Bella and mama Hadid?

Man like finals tryna balance on a tightrope. Glad we left the cycles. Has Z&H finally let the cycle they’ve always been in?

I beat the cyclone I’m biking and still riding the beat smiling. We movin through the shit can’t we? We groovin through the mist do you believe love? No secret they know.

By cyclone is he talking about his depression? Is it too much to wish for the “we moving throught the shit” mean him and H? The “no secret they know” is interesting..

Love
Love

Honestly it’s sad to see those constantly drag him or even have anything negative to say about him. He released Yellow Tape and people are commenting negatively about it telling him he should stick to singing. What doesn’t make sense is “fans” will ask for something from Z but once he puts something out they have a problem with it. In their eyes he can’t do anything right. He is releasing his own music with no record label involved raw unedited and is venting and people still have a problem with it. Like a lot of people who were instantly drawn to H just because of how he is over all I’ve instantly drew towards Z I’m very introverted & shy and I’m able to relate to him. I think Z is misunderstood at times and he is trying.

Ray
Ray

Honestly, I was checking Zayn’s IG page ever since Harry’ LOT started. I was having this strong intuition that Z will do something. I have no idea what the selfie means (pls help me find something I missed). Also him dropping ‘Yellow’ tape! Hmmm… Phishy.
I am desperate to find some Zarry “connexion”!

tid08
tid08

Did he say don’t be a g or something like that .And trying to analyse what he says is beyond me. Some of the lyrics can only be deciphered by h not even by people who are close to z. He even uses gaming characters that seem to be lgbtq . Now I definitely feel at least z visits this site , regularly. He asks to read between line and cracking codes and stuff. So it’s definitely giving out some kind of message. Zarry gets more and more complex.

Bobbi
Bobbi

Also, it’s so nice of Zayn to turn up for your merch drop day. I wonder what he’s going to buy. 🙃

Bobbi
Bobbi

Is it wrong to assume you’re amazing, when you know you belong in a place and stood on stage, heart racing, never felt wrong, ain’t up for debating…

There is so much to process in these songs. Wow.

Queen
Queen

Tbh I don’t really understand what he is trying to send to us but what caught my attention in one of his songs I think believe me when he said F*** the Queen I think he is calling gigi or her stupid sister, also in 47/11 in that end you can hear him saying I will give you more then you need but those songs are related to Harry for sure

Zayn is not in pace with himself. I feel like he has so much in mind … I dont understand what he wants.

Mange
Mange

I just wanna say I’m freaking out over this
Around 2:20 Zayn raps “Cute as a button” and that immediately took to Harry back in 1D😊😊
I don’t know how to breathe anymore from the simple fact that he chose those specific words to describe his cousin… I just can’t anymore 💃💃🤸💛

1 2 3