“When Gigi Met Gigi”(Why God?)

Gigi Hadid’s Self-Obsession Rears To New Heights

Yah, I shit you not. It has indeed climbed to new heights. Let me just say, I get that this was supposed to be lighthearted, playful, and funny (or something) but it really just comes off as her being a raging narcissist (which would of course be accurate.) So let’s overanalyze it and laugh, since I see many people are already criticizing it.

Whether Gigi scripted this for herself in some brilliant stroke of genius, or someone else at Ralph Lauren scripted it for her as a dig at her most glaring character flaw, this short film speaks volumes of who she is and what she is concerned with at her core: mainly herself.

This sort of behavior should not be rewarded, encouraged, or found amusing. There’s not even a punchline to this video/story, or a single point where it becomes objectively humorous. It’s just Gigi talking about Gigi with lots of hair-raising self-importance sprinkled throughout.

Her particular strain of narcissism continues to fascinate me. I am genuinely in awe. And I sincerely thought she couldn’t get any worse, that is, until Matthew Dillon Cohen (the director) decided to visually represent for us the scary nadirs of her relentless self-obsession, which we often see splattered across her Instagram feed under the pretense of “modeling.” He also forced us to endure this two minute cringefest of a Ralph Lauren Fragrance ad where she speaks of herself in the third person the entire time, with zero mention of the fragrance itself.

I blame you all for making me talk about this stuff. Lord, I don’t know how Zayn does it, or why he did it…but unfortunately, it’s done and we’re stuck with this circus.

Lastly, her fans keep commenting that she’s “so talented,” and I’m just perplexed. What particular “talent” was exhibited in this clip? Certainly not her thespian abilities? I’m really sad that so many people equate beauty and fame to talent.

I quit. Everything is stupid.

Finally, for some people (i.e. Zarries) there is a continuation of the theme: “Gigi Copying Harry” which was somewhat explored in this post:

I don’t know. The jury’s still out on this one, but here’s the supposed evidence below.

Having watched the new Ralph Lauren commercial: “When Gigi Met Gigi” some viewers noted marked similarities between it’s direction (the presentation, retro setting, mirroring, mannerisms, attitude, tabletop dancing, chicks in pants suits etc.) vs Harry’s for the “Treat People With Kindness” music video, filmed in February 2020. I would love to know your take on all this!

It’s ok Gigi. We all wanna be Harry Styles too.

But I’d settle for just sleeping with hi-

oh shit did I say that out loud??

Harry Styles’ “Girl Boss” Olivia Wilde
Page One: Harry's Sad PR Ploys Page Two: What You Need To …
Yolanda Hadid (Gigi Hadid’s Mother) Unfollows Zayn on Instagram
"Ew, People Misanthrope" available now! "Silently Correcting Your Grammar" available now! "Otherness" …
Good Vibes Only – Zayn & Harry Styles
So, I feel like things have gotten super negative and yuck and …
Is Olivia Wilde Copying Harry Styles’ Ex Camille Rowe?
Wow… Harry Styles' new girlfriend is…well she just is. I don't even …

2 months ago

g wants to what H has … celebrity fame personality profile success talent IT/X factor etc

H seems to want what g seems to have … Z

maybe they could do a swap????

Weirded out
Weirded out
2 months ago

Well if shes going to do a copy of Harry ( a really bad one but…👌)might as well go all out and use the song too, Why not the acting, singing and everything else that Harry has done because she is so apparently 1 she wants his success that he has and to keep zayn or 2 a true fan 😂 …🤷‍♀️ either way it’s weird

Queen
Queen
2 months ago

She is really stupid and pathetic at this point, she think if she copy harry ppl will love her and zayn will love her too, no one can be like harry cuz harry special in his own way, and he don’t copy anyone he get his own styles 😍💚💛, seriously she need help 🙄

Lemon
Lemon
2 months ago

Did Ralph see it? Did he pay for the vid about a piece of wood which is in love with herself? bizarre

Dawn
Dawn
2 months ago

This was the worst attempt yet! Thank you, I know you really didn’t want to do this one, but I’m so glad you did. This is seriously another Zarry proof. Why is Gigi so hard pressed when it comes to Harry? We all know the answer to that. I could have thrown up In my mouth that video was that cringeworthy..🤢😉 Worth mentioning, her face is so different and she is only 26? Yikes..😩😩

Zee
Zee
2 months ago

This is not the first time she’s done the gigi meets gigi stuff. I had seen another such video of her for vogue. It was about baking or something. And there were two of her talking to each other. It was 4 years ago and hell I found that video so awkward and honestly kinda cringe. And now THIS. Man this is a whole another level of narcissism.

Eliya-
Eliya-
2 months ago

I don’t even know what to say about this woman.

I wish she would get some help from a therapist but she’s wayyyyyyyy too confident to think/admit anything is wrong with her in the first place
(P.s: I think it’s actually the opposite and she *knows* how much she suffers from lack of personality and that’s why she even does these stupid things.)

At this point, Zayn is only mocking himself by being with such a being…
(It was like this from the beginning tbh but more people are starting to pick up on it lately)

And I just don’t care anymore.
They can all go and continue to fuck up their lives -_-💔

Begi
Begi
2 months ago

Harry: I want her long blonde hair, I want her magic touch, I wanna drown myself in the bottle of her perfume…

Gigi: Why bother? I’m going to become you.

2 months ago

I have few things to say about this topic:
First, the ad is complete nonsense. The director or producer is untalented.

Second: I wish Gigi to be in more good/ meaningful media. Models have bad reputation of being shallow. I HOPE she isnt. Zayn appears to have a personality why would he stay with such a shallow person???? Thierry relationship is a puzzle

Third: Gigi should stop trying to be Harry. She has to focus on herself. Her obsession with Zayn ( leading her to copying H). She is famous by association to Z/ her parents which is not good image for her.

Kiki
Kiki
2 months ago

She is the definition of:
I wish I were heather (Hazza)

Kiki
Kiki
2 months ago

That’s the most cringiest Ad ever.The part wgere she is literally copying harry is soo creepy.Is she secretly psycho?🤨

Vera
Vera
2 months ago

You’re even more hilarious when you say things out loud haha anyways gigi talented? But if she is so inept and vapid.. what is her gift?

Harry; blinks Gigi; I need to blink faster

Darling
2 months ago

She looks awlful. Since she is no longer a small size her couture days are over & the only thing she has is cosmetics now & shes f’n that up to & clinging onto her last grasp of modeling. Her daughter will be a year old this month so her lies are is catching up with her. Why she isnt going down the podcast, designer route I’ll never know but right now i just expect to see her rolled up like a ball in a corner somewhere, its inevitable.

rina
rina
2 months ago

how many times does z call harry in his sleep to drive her to the edge?and it seems to be only increasing as time goes hmmmm …….let’s play boy crush cause wth?

Jan
Jan
2 months ago

I’ve read that She is moving away from modelling and hoping to be able to not travel so much.This would have a big impact on Her relationship with Zayn if they had more time together .He does like to disappear ,as He also did during His time with the band.(I don’t ever ask you where you’ve been)Interviewer :Who is the most likely to go off without telling the others .All the boys, Zayn.This time it’s a fishing trip and Harry turns up wearing the fisherman’s hat ,wonder what She made of that!A top models work decreases with age but She has had plenty this year after putting herself in the limelight having a baby.She did a photo shoot for someone recently behind the camera for a change so I think She’s exploring options .Did anyone see the interview relating to the perfume ad , where she was asked who she would see on a Saturday night or a date and she said Ralph of course ? No mention of Zayn .Don’t think we will see Zayn with her until Khai’s birthday now, which is bound to be hugely in the media.The ad reminded me of Zayn’s cover of me ,myself and I ,perhaps Gigi will attempt to go into acting (like Harry?)

Kris
Kris
2 months ago

Lmao, even the third image looks like she’s copying harry’s dance from TPWK mv

(I just found that funny)

Angela Stathis
Angela Stathis
2 months ago

whatever she does or will do, H has already done it and will do much better…

G has a Boy Crush… lol

Jas
Jas
2 months ago

Why she is embarrassing herself by on her own?! Whyyy?! The thing gets more and more worrying and her obsession for Harry and Zarry is becoming serious at this point. I think the situation is going to end badly

Alissa
2 months ago

This is so depressing. How low is this woman gonna go? I feel sorry for harry for his exquisite and iconic, work and looks being copied like sh*t. Remember when Zayn said he looks for ‘intelligence’ in women and harry laughed at it. I think we all should have laughed with him lol

Aaj
Aaj
2 months ago

🤣 I was waiting for this post! Gosh, she’s unbelievable. Like imagine talking about yourself in the 3rd person and there literally being 3 iterations of yourself and THEN fawning over yourself(yourselves) for over 2 minutes. Not in front of a mirror in the privacy of your home, but in an actual campaign that people get to see! The narcissism!
I won’t even mention her copying Harry because at this point it’s blatantly obvious.
But, wow!!

2 months ago

I can’t believe this was made to be funny because it only made me uncomfortable and said “why god” lol 😂. You know sometimes I look at gigi and think she’s empty like a doll. But dolls are more bearable because they know that they are empty and do not act in any way to show their narcissism. 😂
I have never been one of those who think that what makes a person beautiful is 100 percent appearance. I have always admired people who have their own stances and ideas and passionately defend them. They are always more beautiful in my eyes. But this woman I see has nothing like that, she just has an infinite ego, and because this ego is empty (apart from her looks) she turns into an ugly person in my eyes.

What I don’t understand is,how Zayn doesn’t see all this? That she copied Harry, that she was a narcissist, that she used him, etc.? If he is aware of this, why is he still with her or why is he still putting up with her and having a baby with her on top of that?

Was it worth Zayn, that you putting yourself in this situation with Harry just to prove you were straight?

blue
blue
2 months ago

she needs some serious help!! it’s getting serious!!😂😂😂😂 but man don’t we all wannabe harry Styles!!

Naya
Naya
2 months ago

this is just cringe. It reminds me of when she narrated an episode of the Netflix show “never have I ever” ( which I still don’t know why?? It ruined the episode for me) but her narcissism was very clear in that too. At some point she was talking about how she could relate to the guy character because people only saw them as “sex symbols ” and they were a lot more than just their look. Lol i couldn’t help but think does she seriously want us to sympathize with her right now. Not to mention her calling herself an “activist” in the episode LMAOO

-Diamond Veins-
2 months ago

Idk what I’m supposed to say this is all just weird to me

angiev
angiev
2 months ago

Come on. She’s blatantly copying Harry. She’s obsessed with H. He probably haunts her dreams. H has everything she wants and I totally believe she knows about zarry and it also drives her nuts. I feel sorry for anyone who is that self-absorbed and insecure.